NMR Time Sign-up Rules
Main NMR Groups
- NMR time can be freely booked by NMR users on a first-come, first-served basis. However PIs and the facility manager reserve the right to redistribute the NMR time and instrument assignment under special circumstances.
- Only the facility manager or PIs can determine who is capable to run the instruments without assitance. Unauthorized users are not allowed.
- Saturn500 and Artemis are designed as the walk-up instruments. Preferred time slots are as follows:
- Mon to Fri: 9am-5pm (8hr max).
- Mon to Fri: 5pm-8am (16hr max).
- Sat to Sun: no restrictions.
- Users should begin experiments within:
- 8hr of scheduled start for time slots > 24hr.
- 1hr for walk-up time slots.
- NMR time will be reassigned after these grace periods. As a courtesy, if your sample is not ready on time, please inform users planning short experiments.
- In order to maximize the instrument usage, unused NMR time should be communicated by e-mail to the NMR email list: "UTBioNMR@UTSouthwestern.edu".
Other Research Groups
- Other research groups are encouraged to consult with PIs or the facility manager to request NMR time. Requests will be considered depending on project feasibility and spectrometer availabilty.
- Rates for users outside the main NMR groups are as follows:
- Academic: $5/hr for RT probe, $8/hr for cold probe; $10/hr and $15/hr with operational assistance.
- Industry: $50/hr or $100/hr with operational assistance.
Thank you for your cooperation.